Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bailey


This one is hard. Still so hard to believe he is gone. In November, 2012 he started acting weird, looking different. He became very lethargic and suddenly bloated up in the abdominal region. I took him to the emergency vet and he was diagnosed with a hemorrhaged sarcoma. His stomach was full of blood. Prognosis was poor. I'm sure the ER vet expected me to say to put him down but we hadn't even had a chance to wrap our minds around it. CeeCee wasn't even there, she didn't know. So I opted to bring him home and we would discuss it. We brought him to our regular vet the following Monday expecting to put him down. She looked at the xrays, looked at him with energy and happy to see her. She said lets try him on some steroids and see how he does. They helped immediately. He got better, not fully back to his normal self but better.

He was good until the end of December, I could see he was fighting it and losing. It was pretty awful to watch but I'm glad we had those two months to play and give him everything he wanted. He passed away with CeeCee by his side in the truck on the way to the Vet. He will forever be my boy, I was his person. No other dog will replace him in my heart.

Bailey 12/10/2005 - 01/05/2013




No comments: